Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Graham Graham is offline

Default Walmart sells Rikon lathes

On 2018-04-11 10:17 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 7:52:57 PM UTC-5, G Ross wrote:
wrote:
On Friday, March 16, 2018 at 1:38:06 AM UTC-5, wrote:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/RIKON-70-...c-36f52ee1bdbd

I did not know Walmart sold Rikon lathes! There was an ad on a webpage I was on. It was for Rikon lathes. 16x42 sliding head variable speed lathe. $2070. It was from Walmart. The idea of buying a big lathe from Walmart seems really weird to me. I realize they are just advertising products from a vendor who has contracted with them. Just like Amazon does. But still, $2000 lathes from Walmart is weird.

Correction, correction, correction! Toolnut is selling this lathe for $1989 with free shipping. So Amazon is trying to steal my money by selling it for $2065.

Don't know about your state, but Amazon collects state sales tax in my
state.

--
G Ross

I bought a pair of $80 speakers through Amazon two weeks ago. No state sales tax paid by me. And free shipping.

You mean that AMZ paid the shipping and it was hidden in the cost.