Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Thermostat that lets ME control the cycle rate?

"J.Albert" wrote:
On 4/10/18 9:18 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
After 100 years you'd think someone would be smart enough to insulate.
You boiler will run much less once you do and it will pay for itself
quickly, plus add comfort. Less run time, little temperature swing.

Can't install insulation (at least the "blown in" kind).
I also have original knob-and-tube wiring, and I believe that the
recommendation is that blown-in insulation SHOULD NOT be used with K&T.

There is insulation in the attic -- directly under the shingles!

I had K&T which I removed, but I never insulated before I sold. Could have,
should have.

I had a couple cycle rate thermostats, got rid of them. Now it's strictly
following temperature on forced air.

Greg