Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley Rob Morley is offline

Default Steel tube

On Mon, 09 Apr 2018 11:03:35 +0100
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Cursitor Doom wrote:

Shouldn't really happen with steel. Aluminium, yes, but not steel.

Err, I've just said it does. I'd suggest you try it before
commenting.

I cut ally with my circular saw. Gives a perfect cut. Hence me asking
earlier about similar for steel.

You're possibly not pressing hard enough - the wheel needs to lose the
blunted/clogged grit to expose fresh abrasive. The resin that bonds
the abrasive particles is designed to wear away at a rate suitable for
whatever material the disc is designed to cut, so it will be pretty
tough for steel.
Try taking multiple nibbles (press and release, press and release ...)
rather than applying steady pressure in one go.