Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default SDS+ - SDS Max adaptor?

On 11/04/2018 00:12, Nick wrote:
On 10/04/2018 15:24, Jim K wrote:
Nick Wrote in message:
Does anyone know if such a thing is available?
I'm after an adaptor to fit an SDS+ drill chuck that will accept an SDS
Max bit.
The other way round is widely available.
Otherwise I'll machine the shank down and use it in a hammer drill. That
seems rather a shame though.

Thanks,
Nick.

Will the SDS+ machine have enough power to do the job with the SDS
Â* max bit in it? What bit/tool is it?

Should do.
Makita drill about 650w (from memory) and 22mm SDS max bit. I want to
open out 9 x 16mm existing holes to 22mm. Brick/block cavity wall.
I bought the SDS max bit in error but it was cheap enough.

SDS drills are not as sharp as standard masonry drills, so may not work
well in a standard hammer drill. OTOH, you're only opening out an
existing hole.

For £6.50, it might be simpler just to buy
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p88163