Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Kitchen extract up an old chimney - thoughts?

On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 12:50:48 +0100, nothanks wrote:

Our range cooker is where the old kitchen fire was, so there's a
redundant chimney (long-since blocked off) directly above it. I'm
thinking of installing a liner in the chimney and using it as an
extractor outlet. Any reasons why this might not be a "good thing"?

Do you have a price for the liner?

Ones for wood burners generally cost more than the stove!

I would favour running the vent sideways if at all possible.

Cheers

Dave R

---