Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill[_14_] Bill[_14_] is offline

Default Layout fluid - Fastenall

On Mon, 9 Apr 2018 16:01:14 -0700, Bob La Londe wrote:

4140 comes Alro if the weight is enough to get good
pricing. Smaller quantity I shop around.

I have an Alro nearby, but I almost never buy from them because I'm a
hobbyist and only need small qantities. Went in there one day, and a
36" piece of O-2 was almost 3x what MSC and McMaster for the same item.
I would be willing to pay a little more to support them since they're
maintaining a presence here, and paying local taxes - just not 2x-3x
more.

Their prices used to be far more in line with other vendors but
something changed.

--
Email address is a Spam trap.