Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] is offline

Default Expanding foam question.

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 09/04/18 12:02, Richard wrote:
On 09/04/18 10:50, Roger Hayter wrote:
Richard wrote:

On 08/04/18 22:48, Roger Hayter wrote:
Richard wrote:

On 08/04/18 14:03, Roger Hayter wrote:
Richard wrote:

On 08/04/18 03:36, wrote:
On Saturday, 7 April 2018 19:08:14 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
On 06/04/2018 16:54, tabbypurr wrote:
On Friday, 6 April 2018 16:20:03 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:

Plastic drinking straws ! I've just signed a petition against
plastic drinking straws.

How high do you think they are on the list of the planet's
biggest problems?

Judging by the way they wash up beaches and are ingested by
marine
life, I think they belong in the top 10, along with all forms of
plastic waste (teabags, coffee cups, sandwich cartons,
cook-chill
food trays).

Ah. I thought the planet's top 10 problems contained things
like a
billion people in poverty, huge numbers of deaths from diseases,
stuff like that.

The planet has no problems.

But thats all *natural* stuff like wot God does..
Only Man is capable of Sin.

If people lived the *natural* way there would not be the quoted
billion
people in poverty.

AFAIK, we have had limited or no success with the supernatural.
What's
"natural" in the context?

None of this new fangled life saving stuff like medicine and
agriculture.

I was involved in one of those trades, and absolutely everything we
did
was perfectly natural.

Oh. So you lived in a cave/outside? No machinery was involved in the
production or transportation?

Only normal machinery obeying physical laws; no supernatural machinery.

This obsession with *supernatural* is not natural.
These machines, where do they grow naturally?

In naturaly ocuuring factories. Bulit by naturally occurring mammals,.
like birds build nests or beavers build dams

I've sometimes wondered if people's dislike for signs of other people is
a biological thing. Like seeing someone else's spit on the pavement, or
the smell of other people's farts (apologies to those with sensitive
constitutions). Do termites get annoyed by other colonies' termite
mounds? Are they biologically programmed to wish to remove all trace of
them, perhaps to make room for their own? I think that, at some level,
that may be what we are feeling.