Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Recommendations for a SELF PRIMING (not a submersible!) cellarpump.

On 09/04/2018 22:23, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Johnny B Good johnny-b-
scribeth thus
On Mon, 09 Apr 2018 19:57:23 +0100, ss wrote:

On 09/04/2018 19:13, Johnny B Good wrote:
On Sunday afternoon, when looking in our basement for some (250mL)
15W-40 engine oil to prep up a 1K2W inverter genset I'd bought from our
local Lidl for 99 quid a couple of hours earlier, I discovered the coal
hole section had become somewhat flooded and threatening to flood the
main part of the basement.

====snip long tale of basement flooding woes====

Yes! Bought one of these for a one off job a few months ago worked very
well and I expect you could use it there you can buy either type of flat
or wire reinforced hose and various diameters for flow rates etc ..

Might need a more sophisticated on off pump switch but i expect you
could modify the fitted one if need be...

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/cse4...le-water-pump/

Hmm, submersible, not self priming and only clean water.
I doubt if its what's wanted.