Posted to alt.home.repair
ChairMan[_9_] ChairMan[_9_] is offline

Default About police and discussion

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/9/2018 3:39 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

I advise all who would like to second guess police and to really see
what a cop does is to tune in to a show on the A&E network on Friday
and Saturday nights between 9 pm & midnight eastern time. It is
called Live PD. They also have reruns of previous shows called Live
PD Rewind. You will experience all the baloney officers have to
endure; two beers, it's not mine, these pants aren't mine, no
drivers license, marital conflicts, etc. The one episode that prompted
this post was about 6 weeks ago and
IIRC in NYE County, NV when the officer was dispatched IIRC to an
unruly person with a gun. The officer involved showed great tactics
and eventually resolved that it was a cell phone the actor was
showing. Only great tactics by the officer prevented the actor from
being shot.

We watch it every Friday and Saturday. It is set to record and I
start watching about 9:40. FF through the commercials and we end up
at midnight as the show ends.

It is amazing how many people talk themselves into trouble. Simple
traffic stops escalate when all they have to do is shut up and be
polite. Also pays to be sure your lights work (especially for the
license plate) and use your turn signal.

I'm amazed at how many people drive with no license or a suspended one
and how many people have warrants.

"Drivin Dirty"