Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Plastic bottle farce

Never seems to work for me.* Especially with Adobe's piece of ****
READER, which is for READING only.* Why do you think there are so
many freeware PDF programs?* Even using those, trying to fill out
a PDF form is like going back to the 70s and using a typewriter to
add numbers in the blank spaces.* What's wrong with a normal word
processing document?

Now who is not very smart?

PDF isn't as usable as doc, end of story.

Why are you bitching at me. I just pointed out PDF seems to be the way
documents are distributed. It doesn't matter whether it is an owner's
book printed in Chinese, the National Electric Code or my tax forms.
Maybe it is because the author can set the security level and limit
use as easily as they do.

I don't have the same experience, I more often receive a doc or docx
file.* Government departments are still on pdf, but not the rest of
the UK.

Mainly because people use Word or similar to create documents, so why
should they have to find a bloody PDF convertor?

Most of our functional specification documents and the like are given to
the clients in pdf format precisely so they can't edit them to say what
they wished they would say.

Except you CAN edit them, just not with the free PDF reader.

An altered PDF document will leave a virtual paper trail.

--
Bod