Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Karcher pressure washer

On Sunday, 8 April 2018 14:34:01 UTC+1, Pete Zahut wrote:
T i m was thinking very hard :
On Sun, 08 Apr 2018 13:25:01 +0100, Pete Zahut wrote:

T i m expressed precisely :
On Sun, 08 Apr 2018 11:32:15 +0100, Pete Zahut wrote:

The Karcher K2 Full Control Pressure Washer, 1400W, 110 Bar is
currently available for £99.99 at Argos eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332069834811

But is it a decent machine? I know you can spend ten times that if you
want to but all I'll be using it for will be to snow foam the car and
clean the patio, so is it OK for that?

The only Karcher I've dealt with is the one I'm in the process of
repairing for a friend so can't really comment on them outside that.

However, when daughter was looking for a PW she bought a Nilfisk and
really loves it (I can get the model number if you are interested).

https://consumer.nilfisk.co.uk/en/products/Pages/default.aspx?CategoryId=30605

Cheers, T i m

Thanks Tim but it seems that not all pressure washer hoses are the same
so I'm not sure if I could attach the snow foam gubbins to a Nilfisk
but I know it will go on a Karcher, so I think I prefer to stick with
that if possible.

I think some of the connectors are interchangeable and if you aren't
in a rush and were interested in getting something that could be
considered 'better' than a Karcher (better VFM if not as cheap etc)
then having access to both, I could compare them for you.

If you are happy with the Karcher offerings then sticking with that
makes sense. ;-)

I've only owned one PW myself, a little Kew Hobby and as it's still
going I've not had to consider a replacement. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. Are you looking to buy another Karcher because the previous one
failed somehow? Buy cheap, buy twice or would you have worn out any
make / model?

No, literally the only reason to go Karcher is because of the snow foam
lance/resevoir thingy. We had a cheapo pressure washer from either B&Q,
Machine Mart or Aldi, can't remember which, but it's just died after
about eight years service.

Coincidentally, we've never spent more than about five grand on a car
in our lives, but we've just treated ourselves to our 'retirement' car
and paid about five times that amount. Up to now I've always been happy
going through an auto car wash, but given what we've just spent, and
the fact that I'm now retired and can spend more time, I thought I'd
better treat this car with a bit more respect and start hand
washing/detailing, so I've just spent about £120 on various polishes,
waxes and other stuff, amongst which is a snow foam setup that is
guaranteed to connect to a Karcher K Series washer, but I'm not sure
it'll fit any other type.

I think the Karcher I linked to is good value (not that I know anything
about these things) but don't know how long it'll be at that price. I
think I'm talking myself into it and I'll probably go for it, given
that it'll only ever do light duty work - I'm sure it'll be fine for my
requirements.

Thanks for your input though Tim, much appreciated.

If you value the paintwork, keep pressure washers away from cars.
"Snow foaming"? Sounds like snake oil to me.