Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plastic bottle farce

On Sun, 8 Apr 2018 20:02:36 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 04/08/2018 06:23 PM, wrote:
I never got into Forth. A good friend was a real Forth freak, though.

Reverse Polish notation separates the men from the boys. I've got a HP
16C calculator. "Can I use your calculator?" was always the start of a
comedy routine. For extra sadism, leave it in hex mode.

...and APL, mostly for circuit analysis and such. I don't consider
APL a programming language, as such, though.

A company I worked for bought an IBM 5120 computer, which in no way
should be confused with a 5160 (IBM XT)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_5120

It came with BASIC and APL ROMs and the keyboard had the APL character
set. It also had BRADS, a sort of ******* stepchild of RPG. IBM referred
to the PALM CPU as a microprocessor but in IBM speak that meant it ran
microcode rather than what everyone else meant by the term. There was an
assembler of sorts that was handy. Their idea of 'locking' a source file
was setting the first byte on the disk to 0x80, iirc.

I was writing S/360 Assembler