Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
The Real Bev[_2_] The Real Bev[_2_] is offline

Default Why won't this work?

On 04/08/2018 03:40 PM, Henry Ford wrote:
On 4/8/2018 2:56 PM, Frank wrote:
On 4/8/2018 10:25 AM, Henry Ford wrote:
On 4/8/2018 10:01 AM, micky wrote:
I'm renting a brand-new car, a 2018 High'N'Dry, that has a USB style
port that allows me to play a flashdrive through the radio -- but will
not charge the phone using the same port. Isn't that very unusual?
Impossible?

2018 High'N'Dry USB port must be broken or is a mal-engineered piece of ****.
FWIW, I use the USB ports in my Fords for charging phones and playing flashdrives.

Read elsewhere USB ports can be too under-powered and will work for devices but not to charge them. You could use cigarette lighter adapter to charge things.

Yah, you're right. It just seems silly to do that in a vehicle.

What, keeping your phone/tablet charged in a car seems silly? Recent
3-day 1K-mile trip through Utah, and I ran my phone down taking photos.
A car charger is essential.

--
Cheers, Bev
Nobody needs to speak on behalf of idiots, they manage