Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Why won't this work?

On 4/8/2018 10:25 AM, Henry Ford wrote:
On 4/8/2018 10:01 AM, micky wrote:
I'm renting a brand-new car, a 2018 High'N'Dry, that has a USB style
port that allows me to play a flashdrive through the radio -- but will
not charge the phone using the same port.Â* Isn't that very unusual?
Impossible?

2018 High'N'Dry USB port must be broken or is a mal-engineered piece of
****.
FWIW, I use the USB ports in my Fords for charging phones and playing
flashdrives.

Read elsewhere USB ports can be too under-powered and will work for
devices but not to charge them. You could use cigarette lighter adapter
to charge things.