Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
passerby passerby is offline

Default Why won't this work?

replying to micky, passerby wrote:
USB style port that allows me to play a flashdrive through the radio -- but

will not charge the phone using the same port. Isn't that very unusual?
Impossible?

The manual for my 2017 Prius specifically says about the USB port - "Not for
charging". I guess they don't want you to plug something large, like a battery
bank and fry the circuit, which they will then be forced to replace during the
warranty. I'm not sure if there's a better explanation as to why, but at the
very least the car USB port that's not able to supply charging current is not
that uncommon.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...k-1163812-.htm