Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_12_] michael adams[_12_] is offline

Default Is there anything left in Maplins?

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
michael adams wrote:

ARW wrote:
Very little when I had a look.

In three branches in West London I've looked in, they've still got plenty of stock.

I've been in two; while buying what I went in for, I trawled the shelves and didn't
really see anything else worth buying.

Their windows are plastered with two posters.
"Up to 20% off" and "Everything Must Go".

Different types of items were 10%, 20%, 40%

Yup. There's some stuff up to 60% off now.

But the big discounts seem to be mainly off things like rechargeable batteries
which I noticed were 40% off.

But they really are all over the place.

I went into the Hammersmith Branch this lunchtime. I noticed an Ion USB
turntable, this one

https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/ion-digit...c-centre-a38xn

£95.99

knocked down from a silly price of around £140 which I found hard to beleve
in the first place.

Anyway checking it out online it seems Amazon themselves, not marketplace
sellers are offering exactly the same turntable

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-LP-...o+Music+Centre

for £89.99

even undercuttiong other marketplace sellers.

So that even when poor Maplin are laid out on the canvas, breathing their last, and
unable
to offer any guarentees, and despite having paid all their taxes, wicked tax dodging
Jeff Bezos, with his maniacal laugh still can't resist putting the boot in.

Boooooooo ! Boooooooo!

Its almost enough to make a person boycott Amazon althogether.

Well almost.

michael adams