Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New boiler is fitted and working :-)

On Saturday, 7 April 2018 16:42:08 UTC+1, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
John Rumm used his keyboard to write :
I have ordered up a pipe stat, to fit on the flow. Intention is to set
that to 60C wired in series with the room stat, to limit the call for
the boiler to a 60C flow, so it stays condensing most of the time. I

Won't that just make for more cycling?

That is a possibility - but it depends on the hysteresis of the pipe
stat. Its a bimetal type, but Danfoss don't spec. the hysteris, only
the setable range. I'm hoping it will cycle no more than it would
anyway, operating only on the room stat.

Its a Danfoss 041E0010.

since it stops the heating cycles sooner, more cycles are inevitable. Keeping the boiler in condensing mode is far more beneficial than the small downside of more cycling.

NT