Posted to rec.woodworking
Jerry Osage[_2_] Jerry Osage[_2_] is offline

Default Rockler Expandable dust collection hose

On Fri, 06 Apr 2018 15:50:43 +0000, Spalted Walt
wrote:

Bob Davis wrote:

I just bought some of this hose.

Link is: http://www.rockler.com/rockler-4-dia...xpandable-hose

I think its the best I have ever seen. It combines the characteristics of a good quality hose (sturdy wire wrap, thick plastic) and the desirable quality of being very extensible/collapsable. It is not like that cheap flimsy expandable hose with the thin wall - the stuff you see at some woodworker shows.

It holds its round shape and does not kink when partially collapsed. The expand/collapse ratio is 7:1. That is a hose that expands to 14 feet will collapse to 2 feet.

I recommend this product. Oh by the way, its Rockler blue so be sure it matches the decor of your shop.

Bob

Yikes! Wonder what happend here?
http://wac.edgecastcdn.net/001A39/prod/media/6f2iIJdfiy1XrhEsite/02A4D522ECD76EBD92320416F5A34DA9.app1_152151016026 4_L1800.jpeg

To me it looks like glorified Clothes Dryer vent hose and as such is not
made to be pulled around on the floor scouring away the thin plastic
over the coil wire. To me, the fact that the coil wire came out is to be
expected. Once that starts I would expect the partial vacuum to make it
worse very quickly.
--

Jerry O.