Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Hot water problems

Ciaran flanagan m
wrote:

Can somebody help me.
I have a combi boiler, when I run a bath the water is only hot if I keep the
tap turned low, (minimal pressure)
If I open the tap fully the water is tepid.
However the kitchen sink does not have this problem.
My bathroom and kitchen are on the same level (next to each other)
I am wanting to fit a mixer tap shower but need to resolve this problem first.
Is this a blockage? In the pipe, however no pressure is lost,.
Or is it because the taps on the bath have a wider outlet flow than the
kitchen sink, therefore the boiler can't heat the water up fast enough?
Please can someone advise.
Thank you

Most likely your last theory is right, what happens if you adjust the
bath tap to about the same flow as the kitchen tap? Test by timing
filling a bucket if not sure. Should still be enough for a reasonable
shower. What power is the combi?

Another possibility if the amount of hot water seems less than it used
to be is a problem with the valve switching off the central heating when
hot water is demanded, but there may well not be anything wrong.

--

Roger Hayter