Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default what paint to go over cold galvenized on a triler

On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 18:59:21 +0100, David Billington
wrote:

On 07/04/18 18:05, wrote:
I thought I was doing therightthing by coating my trailer with cold galvenized paint, thinking it would look lke newish hot galvenize shee finish. ? I am now faced with a dull unfinished look. what can I re coat with to get something better.

Thanks to anybody that can advise

Gerald Hosking

IIRC Rustoleum do a bright cold galvanising paint as well as dull
versions so maybe try some of the bright paint over what you have
applied. I've used it myself and while not a perfect match for hot dip
the bright cold galvanise paint looks much better than the dull stuff.

And you can topcoat the cold galvanize paint with regular rustoleum
(or just about any other enamel or acrylic) paint.