Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Can you push a spiral drain unblocker up a downpipe from below? FIXED!!!!!!!

On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 07:59:24 -0700 (PDT), Cynic
wrote:

Applause but I'd have used a ladder and you're only a year older than me.
Alternatively as you had the downpipe already severed a set of drain rods with a correctly sized disc (or one cut square if the downpipe isn't round) would have been useful and have future potential for other use.

Drain rods are far too stiff. They wouldn't have gone round the elbow
at the top of the downpipe. The spiral went up there no problem.

I had previously tried garden hose, feeder rods for laying cables
through partition walls, I even shot my Karcher up there. Nothing
cleared it. I tried shooting water (albeit only mains pressure) from
the top down the downpipe. No joy. That's when I drove to Screwfix and
bought the ruddy spiral. A gem.

MM