Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Steel tube

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Have you tried starting with it rotated by 45 degrees, then in 90 degree
steps - so that you are always cutting into a corner?

Looking at the grinder stand, I can adjust the position of the vice
relative to the blade. At the moment it is set so the blade hits the
centre of the tube face. I'll try altering it so it hits a corner first.
The vice isn't big enough to hold the tube at 45 degrees.

After some experimenting found a decent place for the vice so the disc
starts the cut on a corner. Needed a packing piece for the movable part as
the thread wasn't long enough. But have now managed a clean cut with only
one rotation of the work. About half way through now so having a coffee
and cake. ;-)

--
*Acupuncture is a jab well done*

Dave Plowman London SW