Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Motorhome power supply.

In article ,
The Other Mike wrote:
First page or so of that says it refers to spill proof wet electrolyte
batteries. Which are not gel type SLA. The type I'm referring to.

Didn't wade through the rest as I'm aware different versions of wet
batteries need different charging methods for best results.

I'd hazard a guess that the vast majority of what people regard as sealed cells
are actually Yuasa's or clones of Yuasa designs. Drop one on its corner and no
liquid actually spills out, actually there is no leakage of anything at all

Compare to a dryfit 'gel' cell from Sonnenschein and you'll see there is little
difference in the charging regime.

https://docs-emea.rs-online.com/webd...6b81270ea4.pdf

Yuasa (from the reference previously given page 23)
1st stage is 2.4-2.45v per cell
2nd stage is 2.27 v per cell

Sonnenschein
1st stage is 2.4-2.45v per cell
2nd stage is 2.3v per cell

30mV per cell difference when on float or 180mV per 12v nominal battery

2.3v per cell on float just happens to be 13.8v So using 13.8v at all
times just means it won't re-charge quite so quickly. Also using 13.8v
only means you can use a lower power supply than one which can deliver the
maximum current into a low battery.

--
*What happens if you get scared half to death twice? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.