Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Motorhome power supply.

On 07/04/2018 00:55, Steve Walker wrote:
On 06/04/2018 11:30, Brian Reay wrote:
On 06/04/18 11:10, Theo wrote:
Chris Green wrote:
I think you'd be surprised how expensive that would be, transformers
in particular are quite pricey.Â* A PC switch mode PSU would probably
be cheaper for that sort of rating (though would likely have lots of
5v and 3.3v output as well).

12V 32A, silent, six quid:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-PlayS...C/152246465886

and it's possible to tweak the voltage upwards:
https://www.experimental-engineering...y-voltage-mod/

slightly easier on a different version:
https://www.experimental-engineering...y-voltage-mod/

Theo

Why does a Playstation need 32A?Â* Could it be perhaps 3.2A?

Looking at the moulding, it looks like the rating on the PSU is 23.5A at
12V, plus 0.6A at 5V. That is 285W

Some PC video cards are a fair chunk of that, plus 90 to 125W for the
processor, so it's not really surprising for a games console to need
that much.

SteveW

Obviously a Playstation isn't the gizmo I thought it was (never played
with one).

Thankfully, our offspring never expressed any interest in computer games.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud