Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] is offline

Default Expanding foam question.

Jim K wrote:
"Dan S. MacAbre" Wrote in message:
The answer is most likely no, but I was wondering if (minimal expansion)
expanding foam will take rawlplugs (my own generic name for the things).
It's only for holding skirting boards to the wall, so not really a
tough job.

Not really no. They will certainly go in and take a screw, but id
expect minimal resistance to coming back out again under any sort
of provocation.

Can you use an adhesive (& weighty items to hold in place as
necessary) & glue the skirting boards on?

In the past, I have done; but from now on, I decided I'd do it so that I
can more easily remove them. In case I need to replace bits of floor,
or get into the void, etc.