Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is there anything left in Maplins?

In article ,
michael adams wrote:
So having speaking signs for the blind etc seems only
fair. Also indicator boards for the deaf.

That's all very well for blind and deaf people who can
read and speak English. But what of any ethnic minority
passengers who can't ?* Is it really fair on them ?

Won't that make them feel even more disadvantaged ?

Not really. Even someone who doesn't speak English well can learn to
recognise what their destination sounds like in a foreign language. Most
of us manage it when abroad.

--
*I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.