Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is there anything left in Maplins?

On Friday, 6 April 2018 13:27:18 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
Have you personally travelled on a London Bus recently ?

- Yes, ~8:15am this morning, twice a day weekdays, sometimes more.

Then you have my sympathies.

Cheers, I find it worse now I have a mobile and can check on the times.

You're faced with the same announcements on the tube but usually the ride is so
smooth that you can blot them out by reading a book or the paper.

Less noticable on the tube but then I only go two stops which would be about a dozen stops on the bus. But if you're standing near the tubes speaker it's very annoying more annoying than the bus. Aother annoucment when arriving at stratford "the doors will open on both sides of the train"
Theere the service ones that tell you we've stoped in the tunnel waiting for the train in fronmt o the red light or passnger action.

Maybe it depends
on the model of bus and knowing the best place to sit, never mind drivers slamming
on the brakes but I've always found it impossible to read on buses; another reason
for avoiding them as much as possible.

Me too and actually any moving vehical, I think I get a seat on the tube perhaps twice a month, on buses I almost always get a seat in the morning and evenings provided there;s no delays or problems.