Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is there anything left in Maplins?

In article ,
michael adams wrote:
The answer is none. Like many other things these annoying
abnnouncekments come under the category - "if we can do
something which will impact on the customer experience
which can be implemented fairly cheaply, then we should do it
regardless of whether it will actually improve anything"
There are plenty of other examples of this around.

Well, what did come in about the same time is indicators at a bus stop
telling you when your wanted bus is likely to arrive. And cameras on the
buses recording bad behaviour etc. And air con on some buses too.

I do use buses quite a bit out of rush hour as they are a pleasant way to
travel with no parking hassles. But then I also get free travel. Can't say
the announcements particularly annoy me unless very loud which would be a
fault condition. But could see someone not used to them and looking for a
reason to convince themselves not to use a bus could get annoyed by them.
;-)

--
*The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.