Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Is there anything left in Maplins?

On 06/04/2018 13:02, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Fri, 06 Apr 2018 12:42:58 +0100, RJH wrote:

snip

I think there's almost always a need to provide disabled parking.

No in any new build I have ever seen. In fact most of the show homes were
inaccessible - in one case the sales agent had to call four builders over
to carry SWMBO wheelchair over the gravel car park.

round here people can get the council to designate space outside their
home. Whether that's enough is another matter.

Quite aside from the question of having enough road space to do so, such
a move is not a guarantee to the householder involved. It merely becomes
an allocated on-street disabled bay which can be used by *anyone* with a
BB being used legitimately.

Yes, good point. I think it's down the local authority to specify
matters of parking as a planning condition. But while there may be a
need, and there is a way - it's not often used perhaps.

Still, off street parking is the least of our worries. We can easily fit
5 cars on our drives and garage, despite only being 2 people. Meanwhile
the family across the road of 5 have 6 cars between them and 3 spaces ....

Good grief. I'd guess 4 of the 30 homes on this terraced street have 3
or more cars. Couple of caravans and trailers. Quite a scramble at
coming home time ;-)

--
Cheers, Rob