Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_12_] michael adams[_12_] is offline

Default Is there anything left in Maplins?

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
michael adams wrote:
Basically they're now targetted at idiots who instantly forget what bus
they got on, immediately they board and have to be reminded at every
stop with loudspeaker announcements at full volume.

But rather preferable to people shouting on their phones.

I've seldom encountered people "shouting" on their phones
but people talking on their phones is a quite common experience.
Whether it suits anyone else, doing this at least suits two
people the caller and the called.

As presumably you yourself, like everyone else don't forget
what bus you've just got on, it remains to be seen what
possible purpose is served by these announcements.

The answer is none. Like many other things these annoying
abnnouncekments come under the category - "if we can do
something which will impact on the customer experience
which can be implemented fairly cheaply, then we should do it
regardless of whether it will actually improve anything"
There are plenty of other examples of this around.

You expect people on phones to be annoying as they don't
know any better. The clowns who implement these "improvements"
are actual being paid to do so and will put them on their CV's.

michael adams