SQLit

Default Stuck gas-range burner valves

"RMorell" wrote in message
om...
3 of the 4 burner valves on my 20 yr. old Kenmore (Roper/Whirlpool -
model: 103.7858012) gas range have become stuck in the "off" position.
They did not become progressively more difficult to turn, they just
"froze" one day...(not the same day). The valves are easy to get to
and remove/replace but I have two main problems.
One, I cannot locate a main shutoff valve for the stove, and two, all
of the suppliers (including Sears) that I have contacted say that the
valves are no longer available.

Can the valves be replaced with an available substitute? If so, where
can it be obtained? Can the existing valves be "rebuilt"? If so, how?
Can I do anything short of replacing the stove which is a double oven
unit in which there is a smaller oven mounted above the 4-burner
cooking surface. Both of the ovens are working properly. Is there any
way I can deal with the stuck burner control valves short of replacing
the entire unit at a cost of $1500-$1800 plus installation, etc. ?

Try Johnstone or WW Grainger or an appliance part store then asses