Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Clarke JS5IN1

On 05/04/2018 18:43, Pete Zahut wrote:
Me formulated the question :
I have JS5IN1 (jump starter) which hasn't seen the light of day for
some time. The battery* is flat, the worklight come son quite brightly
but otherwise nothing.* I have attempted to charge it using it's own
charger plug with little result, the compressor will run for a short
time but that's it.

I have a "smart" battery charger the instructions of which suggest it
might be able to revitalise a flat battery.* Can I connect this
directly to the JS5IN1 across it's jump cables without doing any
damage?* Taking the battery out to charge it would probably be a
better option but none of my screwdrivers will fit the screws I assume
hold the case together.

There is a lot of varied expertise in this group so any thoughts?

Thanks.

I think once it gets to that stage, it's knackered. As others have said,
if it won't charge from its own charger....

Always found those sort too big anyway and no use for the compressor, so
I went for one of these instead https://tinyurl.com/yasal9sp. Absolutely
brilliant - started a mate's 4.3 litre Lexus LS430 no problem at all,
and the car had stood unused for 6 months.

+1

I have one similar in the van which started a diesel tractor in almost
the same state, a smaller one which now lives in the car, and a "spare"
indoors (which came out a couple of times in the winter to start a
neighbour).

Some of them have adaptors to run laptops too, but (as I just found out
this morning) they didn't include a plug for the vet's HP.