Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is there anything left in Maplins?

On Thursday, 5 April 2018 21:55:07 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 05/04/2018 21:34, ARW wrote:

Skimmed milk tastes like water and not like milk.

Having drunk skimmed milk for the past 40 years I now find full fat milk
somewhat unpleasant.

Yes I do too, when I went to my parent I foiund it difficult to drink even in tea and that was just 3-4 years after moving out, I also found that I had gone from 3 spoons of sugar down to less than 1.5.

In the good old days when milk was mainly delivered in glass bottles to
the doorstep the fat/cream formed a layer at the top and many people
just separated it off first before drinkink/using the remainder.

When I was at school I used to buy a pint of gold top milk, a ring of iced buns and a mars bar was better than spending the money on a school dinner.

These days the milk is homogenised so the fats don't separate out.

I've tried the fully skimmed and the orange cap topped versions but can't drink those although I don't find soya milk too unpleasent but prefer 'proper milk'