Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is there anything left in Maplins?

On Thursday, 5 April 2018 20:47:19 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 04 Apr 2018 20:18:04 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

michael adams wrote:

ARW wrote:
Very little when I had a look.

In three branches in West London I've looked in, they've still got plenty of stock.

I've been in two; while buying what I went in for, I trawled the shelves
and didn't really see anything else worth buying.

Their windows are plastered with two posters.
"Up to 20% off" and "Everything Must Go".

Different types of items were 10%, 20%, 40%

a lot of their stuff is cheaper elsewhere

yep

Last time I went into a Maplins, at full price, their electrical stuff was a sensible price, but their computer stuff was 10x what you could get on Ebay. They wanted £12 for a 1m USB lead. I walked out with a £1 IEC connector.

Why did you buy a £1 IEC connector if you wanted a 1M USB lead ?
they aren't really compatable.