Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default radio four

On Friday, 6 April 2018 09:52:55 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 05/04/2018 21:56, ARW wrote:
You cannot nail both your hands to a crucifix.

On 05/04/2018 11:00, Brian Gaff wrote:
DIY could of course be turned into a Religion, after all the Ark was the
ultimate DIY project and what about the crosses?

It wouldn't kill you as your weight would rip the nails through your
hands and you would fall off.

The Romans nailed you trough the wrists if at all.

But ther ewas no word for wrists in Hebrew IIRC so whereever on the end of the arm to the finger tips would be translated as hands even through the nails went through the wrists, and then you find that stigmata is shown to happen in the palms of hands not on wrists so maybe that shows how accurate we should take such things, and Kirk never said "beam me up scotty" but lots of people seem to think he did.