Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default New boiler is fitted and working :-)

On 06/04/2018 09:27, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
It happens that John Rumm formulated :
Did he flush the system carefully? (Like most HE boilers, they like a
nice clean primary system).

No, he was happy to accept that my system was reasonably clean, but I
had filled and flushed twice anyway. He didn't sound convinced that all
the obsession with flushing on a relatively clean well looked after
system was necessary.

When my new boiler (Ideal Logic combi) was installed over 4 years ago,
it had 2 'power flushes' by the installer, and a magnet/filter fitted.
I've drained and refilled (with inhibitor) it 3 times since, and still
the water comes out black with a good few mm of sediment (I drain the
system from the lowest point into a trug). Nothing on the filter at all.
The black is almost oily - I've no idea what it is but must be coming
from the original radiators (only 3/14 left now).

The system is potentially prone to blockages (6 of the rads take 10mm
plastic pipe). All fine so far, but I'm wondering whether there's any
preventative action I can take before the inevitable.

--
Cheers, Rob