Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Is there anything left in Maplins?

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
These were behind the component counter. There are still some there,
but others are now in the shop "buy the whole drawer unit and what's
in it." They have listed what's in it, but as a bundle where you
might use 1% of the contents, they were way too expensive. If they
had been Racco Professional drawer units, I would have bought partly
for those (I use them a lot at home), but they weren't - I didn't
recognise the style.

Ah, I see what you mean. Was just curious because 100 quid isn't bad value
if it's something like this:
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/tool-...inets/8335900/
which is roughly what the 'front of house' drawer chests are like.

I had a look through in case there's any components worth 'banking' just in
case, but there's not much to make it worthwhile over getting if on-demand
next day from Farnell/CPC if needed.

Theo