Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default looking for 3" decks screws, 2/3 thread, T25 torx head?

On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 20:18:22 +0000 (UTC), DavidG
wrote:

Hi All,

For several years, I have not been able to get a decent 3" decking screw.

My local big box stores told me that they simply can't get steel (not
stainless), 3" decking screws with full thread and star drive (torx T25).
The steel, 3" decking screws they carry are 1/2 thread and look
absolutely anemic. Very poor.

A few days back, I found that Fastenal carries steel, 3" decking screws
with 2/3 thread and torx head. They are available under part number
0184884. I got my order in yesterday and used them on the jobsite
today. They work great -- no camouts, no shaft-snapping in older, rock-
hard 2-by lumber.

I'm a happy camper. FWIW .....

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Hardware...306,69644&ap=1

25 or 50 cents per screw ... they better be good !

John T.