Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default radio four

On 05/04/2018 17:11, Brian Gaff wrote:
In case you are unaware, crucifixion is a slow death as it becomes
increasingly hard to breath with the weight on the arms stread apart that
way. As I always thought, those folks were sadists as well as heathens.

Officially only slaves were crucified. The scaffold could be a simple
vertical post, a +, an X, a T or just any old tree. I think the word
cross comes from the Latin for crucifixion and the reason it has its
current meaning is based on images of Christ on the cross, which
appeared centuries after it happened, so we can't be sure of the shape
or how He was attached to it.

--
Max Demian