Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Levels and a level

On 05/04/2018 15:34, Tricky Dicky wrote:

Looks good so far, except that the tripod will only reach up 4
feet.

Dug out my stock of tripods and I can gain about another foot, but
I want a line even higher up the wall.

So now trying to work out what I can position opposite the wall
which is tall enough AND broad enough to support the tripod so I
can get the line where I want it.

The usual process is to use the laser line as a datum line and
measure up from it to the height required. If you repeat the
measurement in two places then you can use use a chalk line to get a
continuous line at the height you need.

Or make up a storey stick - with a line to put the laser on, and then
another indicating your required level.

--
Cheers,

John.