Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Clarke JS5IN1

Yes unfortunately normal lead acid batteries do not like no use.
I'd have a look and see if you can first source a screwdriver then a
battery!
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Me wrote:
I have JS5IN1 (jump starter) which hasn't seen the light of day for some
time. The battery is flat, the worklight come son quite brightly but
otherwise nothing. I have attempted to charge it using it's own charger
plug with little result, the compressor will run for a short time but
that's it.

I have a "smart" battery charger the instructions of which suggest it
might be able to revitalise a flat battery. Can I connect this directly
to the JS5IN1 across it's jump cables without doing any damage? Taking
the battery out to charge it would probably be a better option but none
of my screwdrivers will fit the screws I assume hold the case together.

There is a lot of varied expertise in this group so any thoughts?

I have a similar one which I've charged using my Lidl car charger. But
like many chargers, it won't even connect to a very flat battery. And any
type of lead acid battery isn't going to recover fully after being left
flat for a while. It may work well enough for the compressor, but unlikely
to ever jump start again. If its own charger does show it to being
charged, I doubt you'll do much better with another.

--
*A fool and his money can throw one hell of a party.

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.