Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New boiler is fitted and working :-)

I'm glad to say we have heat again, ya!

Its a Vaillant Ecofit Pure 418, installed in my existing open vented
system, but with a Fernox Omega TF1 filter.

Total installed cost was £1445, that's everything labour and parts,
taking just 4 hours arriving to driving off. So far, all good and I am
delighted with the cost. The guy was happy to let me buy all the bits,
but I let him supply at a similar price to what I could get them for.

My first to quote wasn't happy about installing a Vaillant, complaining
about their complexity of setting up, so wanted to fit a Worcester.

Second one likewise and never even bothered to ring back with a price.

I didn't like eithers off hand attitude nor their I'm the boiler god
and you will wait for it putting in.

Third quote was given on the spot, with just a 6 day wait for install,
plus a nice customer facing, helpful attitude, grateful on the job, to
accept any help offered to save his time.