Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Plastic bottle farce

On 04/04/2018 08:46 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 20:03:33 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 04/04/2018 11:11 AM,
wrote:
On Tue, 03 Apr 2018 16:10:32 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Apr 2018 20:10:24 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

I refuse to use something the size of a phone (or even a tablet or laptop) to use the internet. Screens must be at least 20 inches.
So cut off your nose to spite your face. It seems you like to do
that.

I can survive on the road with my laptop but as soon as I get
somewhere I plug it into the TV. I do miss the old days when they had
wired broadband in the room. That was fast. These days they cap the
WiFi speed at some ridiculous level or charge an outrageous rate to
uncap it. I guess it is their way of recouping the money they lost
when we stopped using that room phone and paying through the nose for
it. If I can get my PC hooked up to the TV I can also watch my own
movies and not buy theirs (why they cap the WiFi I guess).
I've never run into a hotel that caps Internet access and charges for
more. Some higher-end hotels charge extra for Internet service but I
haven't seen any cap it. Interestingly, the "budget" hotels, like
Super8 or MotelSex, don't charge for WiFI but four-star hotels often
do.

You must hit a better class of MotelSex than I do. Most I've been at
make it an extra cost option. I stayed at one that advertised free wifi.
It was, but when you logged on it suggested that you might want to pay
additional for more speed.

No, likely a lower class. ;-) The fewer stars, the more is included.
The only time I stay in even a three star hotel is when I'm on
business. My employer forces the hotel chains to include WiFi
charges, when I'm traveling on business. A hotel room is just
somewhere to sleep. I don't need a marble lobby. ...and I'm cheap.
;-)

More explicitly, the only Motel Six I've stayed at that did not charge
for the wifi only had slow wifi for free which shilled for a paid
upgrade when you logged on.

I'm cheap too but I've been noticing the dollar spread between Freddy's
Fleabag Inn and Day's Inn is getting smaller. I prefer the older motels
that have some character rather than the cookie cutter chains but there
aren't any real bargains.