Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default HP Replacement laptop Batteries supplier recommendations?.

In article , Another Dave
scribeth thus

How easy is it to use 18650 cells as replacements? Can you solder to them
easily without damage, or whatever?

I just wanted to salvage the OK cells in an expired netbook battery pack
as there is usually one cell letting the pack down. Getting the pack
container open proved impossible without wrecking it beyond re-use.

Soldering the cells is possible if you have a powerful soldering iron so
that you don't heat the cells for too long.

Frankly, it's not worth the effort.

Another Dave

You wouldn't think its such a palaver buying a decent laptop battery!.

So we did a further look around and 2-power parts came up website
registered to psaparts in London seems a large ish UK based supplier.

Seems that 2-power aren't that bad according a couple of reviews so in
the end did a search for the larger capacity battery several suppliers
came up from around 75 to 54 inc vat so went to this lot;

thelaptoppowersupplyshop.co.uk

Registered to a cottage in Welsh Wales so we'll see what becomes on that
then!.

It really isn't possible to cut the battery case open and now I've got
me magnifying glass from ye shed it seems the original battery, its a HP
6930P, was dated 3/2010 so way past its use by date!. Nice chunky
machine goes very well with a solid state hard drive used out in the
field quite a bit.

So we'll see how we get on with this one then.

Thanks to all who helped

--
Tony Sayer