Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default HP Replacement laptop Batteries supplier recommendations?.

tony sayer wrote:
In article , Theo theom+news@chi
ark.greenend.org.uk scribeth thus
If the battery is thick (ie it's not a flat pouch cell like phones) it
probably contains 18650 cells.

Bloody hell theres a website for them now!.

https://18650.uk/

18650 is a size like AA. There are a variety of manufacturers of batteries
to that size, and many sellers of those manufacturers.

I don't have any experience with buying, but a couple of reasonably priced
vendors I turned up that seem to be well regarded:

https://eu.nkon.nl/
https://www.fogstar.co.uk/
and for wholesale quantities:
https://batterybro.com/

('vaping' seems to be a useful source of 18650s, if you ignore the ones
which are re-wrapped in artistic vinyl wraps to appeal to the vaping market)

Yes expect battery will look a mess when I've done that

Maybe. Just presenting it as an alternative option. (I had a netbook where
third party replacements kept failing - after spending a lot of effort to
find a UK seller, on the second warranty replacement I got rather fed up
with low quality aftermarket batteries)

If you're buying a ready-made battery, look at the whois information on the
domain. Most likely batterysomething.co.uk is actually a Chinese seller who
has a UK VOIP phone number and a UK forwarding mailbox, but will ship from
China and expect you return their faulty product to China too.

Theo