Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Central Heating

On 03/04/2018 21:06, Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 03 Apr 2018 20:16:09 +0100, ARW wrote:

On 03/04/2018 18:51, Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 03 Apr 2018 15:44:19 +0000, DerbyBorn wrote:

Mike

I thought we all carried radiator keys on our keyrings! Perhaps it is
only for when we have daughters in rented university accomodation!

And of course the little forked keys for those 'special' light switches

But which brand?

The ones that work where I work!

As you can imagine I have a variety of emergency lighting key switches
and fire alarm call point key switches. I cannot fit them all onto one
key ring!

I was nearly stuffed the other day at work when I needed a Legrand
emergency light key switch that I do not not have. I have now ordered one.

So I just turned off the lighting circuit MCB. Talk about whinging.

A dozen office workers having no light other than from that supplied by
the sun coming in through their windows for a few minutes whilst I
swapped their faulty emergency exit light.

Normally at such places you have

1. A bloke that will offer to find you the office owned emergency light
key switch (he then disappears and only returns after power is back on
to tell you the key switch is not where it used to be and he needs to

2. Some bloke telling you how you how to wire up the new emergency light.

3. Some woman that works in management that looks like your Mother
asking if you are OK on those steps. And then says after you have
swapped the light fitting "I've told him before where the key switch is,
I put it there and he is not looking properly for it"

4. Some woman offering to make me a cup of tea but is prepared to hold
the steps for me (not needed as it is only about 2.4m) whilst I change
the fitting and the kettle boils. She then gives me a cup of coffee.

--
Adam