Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any experience with pullout cabinet pantries?

On 4/3/2018 1:56 PM, Deguza wrote:
On Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 11:26:55 AM UTC-7, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 4/3/2018 1:04 PM, Deguza wrote:
On Saturday, March 24, 2018 at 2:40:17 PM UTC-7, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 3/24/2018 2:20 PM, Deguza wrote:
Hello all:

Any experience with pullout would pantries? I'm considering either building one. The alternate I'm considering involves individual pullout shelves.

For those who you who maybe call it something else, here is one from Home Depot:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rev-A-Sh...14-1/202855272

I was visiting with some friends who remodel their homes recently. When they asked the contractor to put one in, the contractor said that they get too heavy and could fall off. And he advised them to put in individual pullout shelves.

Thanks!

Deguza
Â* From a cabinet maker's POV - Make the slideouts in 2 sections , with
2 pairs of 200 lb full extension drawer guides per . I would NOT trust a
volume manufactured cabinet , custom built will prove the better value
in the long run every time .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

I have chosen the following slide: Richelieu 2-Pack 22-in Drawer Slides (100 lbs. capacity)

( https://www.lowes.com/pd/Richelieu-2...lides/50041742 )

Any comments on these slides?

Thanks!

Deguza

I'm not familiar with that brand , I think they're overpriced . Take a
look at these -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15-Pairs-Fu...E/232471034907

Â* no brand name iin the listing but they look pretty good too .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Those are cheap! $72 for 15... However, reliability is unknown Some no-name items can be good, but then some are just are for looks.

Thanks!

Deguza

Â* Those look exactly like the hundreds (thousands ?) of guides I
installed in a major millwork shop ... and they're rated a hundred
pounds , I doubt you'll overload them to the point of failure with a
shallow drawer/shelf . This ain't rocket science .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on