Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Stuck lock...

On 03/04/2018 18:28, Jeff Layman wrote:

snip

Out of interest, if the handle is put in the lock position with the door
open, and the key used to lock it, will it then turn to unlock it with
the door open, and the key never having been removed? I ask only because
sometimes the key will not turn inĀ* our lock unless the internal handle
is pushed down another mm. Once fully down, it will turn to lock it; I
wondered if something similar is going on but with an "unlock" turn. If
it still doesn't turn, does pushing up or down one of the locking
"claws" make any difference?

I've known Euro locks on modern doors which behave like that too.