Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default HP Replacement laptop Batteries supplier recommendations?.

In article , Theo theom+news@chi
ark.greenend.org.uk scribeth thus
tony sayer wrote:

Very much as it says anyone any recommendations for decent laptop
battery suppliers?.

Seen prices for the one i want from 12 odd quid to 108! Must be a decent
price performance medium in there somewhere, so any suppliers
recommended please?

It's a crapshoot, since many of them are fake and die after a short while.
Can you buy an official one from the manufacturer direct?

Nope discontinued item they say now.

A lot of the online battery vendors are actually fronts for Chinese
companies, dressed up as UK sellers (so good luck with returns).

Humm .. the existing HP branded one was made in you know where;!..

If the battery is thick (ie it's not a flat pouch cell like phones) it
probably contains 18650 cells.

Bloody hell theres a website for them now!.

https://18650.uk/

I'd be tempted to consider re-celling the
battery with decent brand 18650s (Samsung, Panasonic, LG, Sony), since at
least you know where they came from.

Theo

Yes expect battery will look a mess when I've done that

--
Tony Sayer