Posted to uk.d-i-y
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default Central Heating

On 03/04/2018 10:08, alan_m wrote:
On 03/04/2018 09:35, DerbyBorn wrote:

I have not been to see it for myself. It seems that some downtairs
radiators do not heat up. I have talked him through balancing and
checking
his TRVs are not stuck.

Air lock in pipes feeding radiators? Turn off all radiators except one
that's not getting hot and perhaps turn the pump to the highest speed
for a short period.

The bathroom radiator in the cottage we rented a couple of weeks ago was
cold despite the pipes to and from being hot. I luckily the bleed screw
was slotted so I didn't need a key to bleed it. Once bled of more air
than I ever bled from one rad in the past it worked perfectly.

I told the owner what I had done when they called in later in the week.
The response "Bled ??? sorry I don't know what that is" !!!

Mike